Counting Blessings. This is a fun season for our family, with birthdays leading right into the holiday season. In many ways, we celebrate these milestones in true Pomeroy style. (Well, okay. The Pomeroys may have taken a few cues from the Kinde household.) Favorite meals. Special desserts. Games and movies. A few gifts and lots of stories. I’m taking a teensy break in the midst of these festivities for a bit of authorial chit-chat. Come and see!
Book Tables. I’m almost ready to host a release party for the Angels devotional. I would have thrown it earlier, but opted to wait until I had a few more titles in print. But before that, I have the SDCWG Fall Conference to look forward to. They always open up a bookstore so we can peruse books by other authors from the area. It’ll be my first chance to offer some of the fantasy titles I publish as C. J. Milbrandt. ♥
Shipping Angels. Yesterday, I had a mini book signing. These devotionals are headed to my hometown in Minnesota…
Print Editions. People at church are always asking, “Do you have books yet?” And every week, I have to say, “Not yet. But soon! We’re getting closer.” Last week, I was able to bring along a print-proof of one of my Byways books to the Bible study I lead. The ladies passed it around for show-and-tell. Some of them didn’t know I’ve been self-publishing because they don’t “do” e-books. Being able to hold one of my stories and flip through its pages is … wonderful!
Where am I in the process? Here’s a run-down:
- I have paperback copies of Byways #2. They arrived today! (Hot off the presses.)
- I’ve approved the e-proof of Pursuing Prissie and am awaiting a print proof, which will probably come in the mail later this week.
- I’ve approved the e-proof of Meadowsweet (Galleries of Stone, Book 1) and will also be on the lookout for a print proof later this week.
- Byways #1, #3, and #4 are in the system and only need one more approval stage before I can order paperbacks.
- Byways #1–4 will also come out in a hardcover version. I’m waiting on a print proof of these “library editions” before those will go to press.
- I’m awaiting the e-proof of Harrow (Galleries of Stone, Book 2). That should show up any day now.
- And by the end of the month, I plan to typeset Rakefang (Galleries of Stone, Book 3), Byways books #5–7, and Rough and Tumble.
Here’s a peek at some of the cover designs we’ve been busy with:
Hiatus. I’m sure you’ve all noticed that I’m having trouble balancing my writing schedule with the demands of typesetting my books. Add in the impending holiday rush, and I need to be practical. So I’m going to officially place Sage and Song on hold through the holidays. Weekly updates will resume in January 2016.
So how do you celebrate family milestones?